This is my recipe, and I just do it by memory, so I’ll try and give you the correct measurements.
1 large eggplant
Panko bread crumbs
Tomato sauce (I use Barilla Tomato Basil sauce)
Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch thick slices. In one pan, pour the panko. I always keep it out because I never seem to pour enough initially. In another pan, scramble the eggs. Dredge the eggplant slices in the egg wash first, then into the panko. I like to set them on top of a cookie cooling rack that’s stacked on a cookie sheet. But you can also just rest them on the cookie sheet. After you’ve breaded the eggplant, put them in the fridge for about an hour.
Heat a pan with oil. I keep the oil out just in case the level gets low. Fry eggplant on both sides until lightly golden. Drain on paper towel.
Preheat oven at 375 degrees
I always like to line my Pyrex with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Spray foil with non stick spray. Put a thin layer of the tomato sauce on bottom. Layer with the eggplant. Then add more sauce followed by cheese. So, the layers should go like this…sauce, eggplant, sauce, cheese, eggplant, sauce, cheese. The top layer add the rest of your sauce and the remainder of cheese.
Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven for 35-45 minutes depending on your oven. About 10 minutes before the time is up, remove the foil and continue baking.
There you have it. It is a little time consuming, but well worth it.
- gloriousbabes likes this
- whimsicalchai reblogged this from projecttastytreats
- foodformybaby reblogged this from projecttastytreats
- faerie-sorcery likes this
- aleo-amor reblogged this from projecttastytreats and added:
- popculturesmash likes this
- queenofyum reblogged this from projecttastytreats
- samanthasimo likes this
- treybien reblogged this from projecttastytreats
- swoonish reblogged this from projecttastytreats
- lizzyhaywood reblogged this from projecttastytreats
- ablogofcheese reblogged this from projecttastytreats
- mysterious-cat likes this
- kassa-fabrication likes this
- projecttastytreats posted this